Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tickle My Fancy



I am fond of collecting stuff with catchy names or titles. Out of sheer boredom, I tend to squander whatever remaining loose change I have every time I come across interesting finds. Among the bits and pieces I’ve stumbled upon (in the past) are:

1. Screaming Trees album (grunge band in the early 90s)
2. Could Be Worst (children’s book)
3. The Love Book (photo book)
4. Dyslexic Heart (single from the movie Singles)
5. I Love You To Death (Keanu Reeves & River Phoenix movie)
6. Luna’s Moustache (Philippine history book)
7. Ang Kagila-gilalas na Pakikipagsapalaran Ni Zsazsa Zaturnnah (Filipino graphic novel)
8. Suddenly Stateside (short essays on Pinoy life in the USA)
9. Rome and Juliet (Indie film)
10. Everything You Didn’t Need To Know About Australia (trivia book)

Latest I’ve chanced upon are these 2 books on sale at Powerbooks:

Our Lady of Weight Loss (Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal)

and

The Insatiable Spider Man (a Cuban novel)

These 2 better be a good read, otherwise I’d be forced to come up with my own banner like “Killing Time In the Middle of a Deadline” perhaps?

Put off this nonsense. Get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment