Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mang Larry


When Mr. Larry Alcala held an exhibit at SM City Cebu Art Center back in the late 90s, I bought 3 of his comic books and had them autographed one by one. The first time I asked for his signature, he asked me “What’s your name, iha?” I said “It’s Leslie, Sir!”. Then on to the second book, “What’s your name, iha?” “Leslie, Sir!”. Until I handed him the last one for his priceless autograph and again he asked – “What’s your name, iha? Ikaw na naman?!!!”

Happy 85th birthday, Sir!

2 comments:

  1. les, nindota gud kita ka larry. Sus karon pajud ko ka post but be assured na everyday cge jud ko check imo blog. So please permanente ug post kay maayo kayka write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wahaha! sorry my one and only anonymous fan kay sigon ra sa masud sa utok ang issues sa atong widely-read (by 1 viewer!) blog! uli na cebu ba ;-)

    ReplyDelete