Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tony



My favorite nephew X2 sees his classmate’s car beside ours on a stop-signal traffic and points to me Judyn (the classmate) who’s inside the car. And so we talk a bit of Judyn living in the same part of town as we do until I got into asking X2 Judyn’s family name. The boy said Ferrer. I had to stop myself from laughing and with a straight face told my nephew X2 to ask Judyn if his father’s name was Tony, as in Tony Ferrer! The ever witty X2 snaps back at me and says – Tony Stark?!

---

Funny but this has happened before. Back in the 90s, my then 5 year old honorary brother Gringo had twin friends named Peter and Paul. I used to tease him “I bet your friends have a sister named Mary” (referring to the 60’s musical trio). He got so confused but somehow was able to snap back at me and said “Yeah, and Jesus and Joseph, too!”

No comments:

Post a Comment