Friday, December 11, 2009

300



I used to be amazed with people who invite 300 or more guests on their wedding celebrations. I get totally confused at such profusion of social contacts. I always ask how could these people do when I myself couldn’t even name 50 friends whom I think would be worthy enough to be invited at such a special day (as if I had plans of getting married!).

But checking out my Facebook profile today, I found out I’ve already accumulated (unconsciously though) 300 so-called “social friends” — a mishmash of family, workmates, schoolmates, idols and fans as well (heehaw!). Some I’ve known from way back, some I’ve never met but have come to know thru the net. Some I haven’t seen in ages and some, I see practically everyday.

I’ve also noticed on some of my friends’ profiles their list of friends varying from 1000 to 1. Can one person really know (personally) a thousand people? I wonder how exciting or perhaps exhausting their life could be to socialize with such a bounty of associates. And how about those having only 1 friend? How unsociable. Nag-Facebook pa!

Going back to my 300 links, perhaps not even a quarter of it I consider really being close to. But all the same, I see their shoutouts every now and then, whether I like it or not. But who cares? They invite me, I add them up. I invite them, sometimes they add me not.

So, 300? Hmmm, that seems a lot to feed.

2 comments:

  1. Les!! Kabasa nko ani noh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. karaan na ni my anonymous fan, ako lang gi-repost kay na-shock ko hapit na pod moabot ug 500 akong social friends hehe

    ReplyDelete