Monday, December 28, 2009

2009 Recall


January – flew to Tawi-Tawi for the first time; enjoyed walking the streets of Zamboanga City alone

February – traveled back to Coron, exchanged smiles with the wild animals of Calauit, conquered the 700+ steps of Mt. Tapyas, and shook hands with Pacman

March – had three story development workshops, sad to say up to now, not a single thing has been materialized

April – started my own blog at tumblr.com; got into multiply too

May – joined Facebook and loved it; boarded for the first time a locally-made speedboat while island-hopping in Tawi-Tawi, thanked God for putting off a heart attack; swam off the 20-feet deep waters of Olango Island... sans life vest!

June – practically worked overtime the whole month in preparation for the 2nd Conference of Coastal Municipalities of the Philippines; worked on it with a heavy heart because as usual, my boss opted for the ever primordial and tacky thematic design... ew!

July – Atom got diagnosed with TVT (transmissible venereal tumor); thanks to my generous sisters

August – President Cory died; I got diagnosed with HAV (Hepatitis A Virus); I cried my heart out for both Cory and my HAV... sob

September – hand carried my own utensils everywhere I went, it was funny; the carpenter I hired for the Tawi-Tawi exhibit mysteriously expired even before we could launch, it was weird

October – got a new Sony Ericsson w705a mobile phone for free; published my first book layout after 5 long years

November – an incomplete family reunion with Ites, Jongjong and Noning; missed Bebot

December – met with old HS friends for a Christmas gathering/reunion thing; tried Crown Regency’s Edge Coaster Ride, got thrilled, got scared but smiled each time the flash went off; Christmas rush once more but still made it :-)

2009 wasn’t that bad at all. I now look forward to 2010 - when I'll soon be jobless and hit 40!

No comments:

Post a Comment