Saturday, August 14, 2010

SMile


Am I over it or not?

2 years ago, SM City Cebu invited me to join them to fill in a newly-created regional marketing position – Tenants’ Advertising Manager. I gave it a thought and became totally excited when I found out the job involved a lot of traveling to my previous hometowns Bacolod, Davao, Iloilo and Manila. Wow! The application process was a breeze. The pay being offered was more than enough. I was even told “my” desk had long been waiting for me haha! Everything was just simply tailor made. It was definitely an offer made just at the right time, almost spoon fed. I was already about to open my mouth when suddenly for no reason at all, they changed their mind, took back the offered spoon and abandoned me with my mouth wide open! I totally had no idea what transpired after my last meeting with them. Days turned into weeks and months turned into a year and still no word from them. It was so frustrating for me that to give them a call to ask whatever happened to it would only make me feel worst. More than a year after I finally got a word from my sister (who used to work with them and still had friends from the mall). Perhaps after some last minute review, they found out they were running out of budget for the said position, decided to scrap it altogether and just didn’t take the time to at least inform me. Ha! Talk about professionalism.

So a year and a half later, I finally got the answer I’ve long been waiting for. Not that I haven’t moved on (hello?) but at least some closure was finally made. Thinking about it now only makes me smile and laugh and look back again. Probably I’m only reminded of it these days as I’m already about to end my job in 2 months’ time. Sigh.

So am I really over it? I would say yes. But if they’d give me a call anytime soon, I can always change my mind, can’t I?

So SMile ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Suway nalang pud ayala les. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey anonymous fan, where the hell have you been? hehe...

    ReplyDelete