Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Hulog Ng Langit


While waiting for our breakfast in the islands, a jeepload of lanzones breezes by the road in front of us. My co-workers and I sighed at the sight of it. A few seconds pass and 2 local men surface at the hotel gate and hand us half a sack of lanzones! “Padala ni Chairman!”

---

On our way back to the mainland, we could hardly get to our bangkero as the entire wharf was filled with the island’s bounties for the next day’s tabo. We managed to traverse safely the wobbly sea and found out later a bunch of fruits were waiting for us at the larger lansa! “Padala ni MPDC!”

---

My boss is a natural butter up and unfortunately, most of the time I get “sold” by her too. A few days before my birthday, a project partner comes in asking for help. As expected, the boss presents her “miracle worker” again to the partner in need. I was tasked to submit a green architectural building proposal in 3 days! Wah! My ultimate dream of becoming an architect is finally at reach but I certainly could not do it alone. I had to ask a real architect friend to do the dirty job for me. “Sige na, birthday gift na lang please!” I was so harassed preparing the proposal which extended till the weekend, I hardly enjoyed my 40th birthday. No, I was not in denial; I was just really stressed out.

A week after that, I got a call from them saying (though yet to be announced officially) that we won the bidding! Whether it was real or not, it's still good news, isn't it?

---

Next?

No comments:

Post a Comment