Friday, July 30, 2010

Binibirthday


29th of July 2010

It’s the eve of my 40th birthday and I’m feeling kinda lonely. I had no idea this is how it feels like to “begin one’s life”, as most people say. I must have felt the same way too in my past life – when I sprung out of my mother’s womb 4 decades ago. But just the same, I couldn’t even tell now, much less then.

Family and friends have long asked what my plans were. I keep telling them I don’t know. I have stopped “celebrating” my birthday on its 13th year. T’was probably also the last year my father could afford to buy me a whole lechon and have everybody around. The remaining years were spent “hitching” at a nephew’s birthday party.

I’ve had “surprise parties” too in the past. Thanks to my family and friends who took time preparing them – like waking up at midnight and treat me with some sweets; for showing up unannounced at intimate lunches or dinners; not to mention the countless treats from my boss. They’re all actually fun, albeit embarrassing at times. That’s why I’m relieved it’s raining tonight (with lightning, thunder, the works) so that only the bravest of the braves would show up again at midnight (assuming they’ve made earlier plans haha), knock at my door and yell out HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Happy Birthday Les! Big four oh diay jud! FRom your avid fans' club in cabancalan, mandaue!

    ReplyDelete