Monday, March 15, 2010

Supahfriends & the Xboys



Checking my mails this morning certainly made me chuckle - i got an FB invitation from my local idol, Tommy Osmeña. Yeah, THE Tommy Osmeña. I’ve often told friends one of my frustrations as a Cebuano, being a former Mandauehanon and now a Consolacionista, is not being able to vote for Tommy O. I've always believed in the guy, no need to explain further.

Who, what, how, whatever. I'm proud to be his 2,236th friend.

---

Last night before going to sleep, I enjoyed chatting with the Xboys - my nephews Jolas and Xyxy. The usually quiet 13-year old Jolas was expressively curious, showing interest on taking up Civil Engineering when he gets into college. I, in return, explained to him the step-by-step process of getting into the university life. Xyxy says he likes Science and would love to work in a laboratory creating formulas. So you want to become a chemist, I asked him. He said yes and asked me back if education is really that important. Feeling rational to a 1st-grader, I told him yes, and that education is the only wealth nobody can ever take away from you. Suddenly he changes his mind – "I’d rather be a boxer like Pacquiao!". "So you want to have black eyes too?" I quipped. “Ay, mag-chemist na lang ko!” he mutters before dozing off into slumber.

No comments:

Post a Comment