Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Closure


I often hear the word “closure” and wonder if it also applies to non-love related stuff. My mini Webster’s dictionary defines it simply – the end. Of what, that I do not know.

I’m meeting old friends (high school classmates) this weekend. I’m excited to see them again after 23 years. It’s amazing to be with these ladies again, ladies whom I spent my impish adolescence with. As teenage schoolgirls, we may have had our share of childish disagreements but I believe that the 2 decades that went by must have been long enough to transform us into sensible and mature persons, drowning all differences down the drain. I can’t wait to reconnect with them, and perhaps bond with them too, for the rest of our adult lives.

---

My employment days are already numbered. As expected in project-based jobs, your career is always co-terminus with the life of the projects you are involved in. This is perhaps the downside of being into development work. I have been into this business for the past 12 years, spending most of the latter part of it feeling anxious on my employment stability. Had I known life here would have been this erratic, I probably should have sought out other opportunities early on. But that would be plain immature animosity too. And so as I move on to my employment’s next chapter, I guess the only way to be in place is to yield to this inevitable episode.

The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment