Tuesday, May 18, 2010

When Life Is About To Begin



At age 10, I remember being free from all care and couldn’t imagine myself being 20. I dig that for a young kid, 20 then meant too old to even think about. A decade later and fresh out of my teens, I turned out feeling like I’ve just been ignited. I had so much fun I wanted to keep the flame without end.

Until I turned 30.

The next 10 years that came seemed to have puffed away the fire in me. I don’t know. I just gradually ran out of creative juices – career-wise, even life-wise. I’m not quite sure about it but I probably spent my 30s dissatisfied. Poorly maintained or should I say, just plain bored. Perhaps middle age rather came early for me.

In 2 months I will be marking my 40th birthday. What’s gonna happen next or how’s it gonna be like, I totally have no idea. I’m quite puzzled because I see 40ish people pretending to be unflustered while others engage their time fighting back their age. I haven’t thought of how to deal with it myself. All I know is that I’m single, broke and silly. Should I consider myself lucky?

1 comment:

  1. haha thank you for the comments biggie! ang ako ra gyud concern is that i'm almost 40 and yet, wa ra gihapon koy buot! i'll worry my 50th later na lang pod ;-)

    ps. i just remembered, you're 12 days older than me. but don't worry, binky is 9 days older than you! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete